Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Why we love winter in the Idaho Mountains!


My sweet children with the pipe smoking snowman.

We built him when the snow was the perfect consistency of wet, hence the reason he's not so big. He was super heavy.


Tenney skiing down quarter dollar. Just so you know, I'm taking the picture while skiing backwards. That's right, backwards. I know it looks flat, but it is a slight incline.



Tenney is seldom seen skating without her partner, the plastic chair.
The ski racer, Hunter. He's really improved this year. This was at the beginning. By the end of the season, during the last ski practice, he came so close to the gate that he accidently hit it and lost his ski and pole. He really put a big bruise on his shin. Ouch, that smarts! I came into the little snack shack at Rotarun and he was laying on the couch, his leg up, a plate with 2 pieces of pizza on his belly and all of his friends around him talking. I knew he was fine!



4 comments:

Marci said...

Cute! I wish they had big chairs for adults to skate with.

Michelle & Matt's Clan said...

Oh, they have one. I've used it.

Just Us said...

Sitting here in warmer weather, I see those pictures and miss Idaho.

Dale & Lynn Leishman said...

Way to go Hunter and Tenney!